Re: LF: 500 - QRP tests 14/8/07

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 500 - QRP tests 14/8/07
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 16:49:59 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
On 15 Aug 2007 at 15:50, John Pumford-Green GM4SLV wrote:

> If anyone knows of website where daily records of geomagnetic / solar
> data can be retrieve I'd be grateful. I want to start noting the
> salient data alongside my notes etc. in case I can spot any
> correlation between the signal quality and the various measures of
> likely propagation (SFI/A/K/SSN etc)

The two I use are http://www.hfradio.org/propagation.html and
http://www.dk0wcy.de/magneto/magnet.htm

hfradio has loads of information as well as the current solar data
from Boulder. It also has an RSS feed of same, but that is not
working at the moment (has produced no new updates since June!), and
some of the other things on there seem to be down at the moment.

The DK0WCY one is live magnetometer data from Scheggerott, where the
DK0WCY beacon is, and also shows the current K index and the day's
history, Solar flux and A from Kiel and the same data from Boulder.
You need to have Java enabled in your browser to get the graph.

Another site I occasionally look at is
http://www.spacew.com/www/fof2.html which tells you the F0 critical
frequency for any location, can be useful for HF but hopefully it is
always much higher than 500kHz...

All this is obviously aimed at HF propagation. Alan G3NYK may have
more useful sites aimed at LF.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com