Re: LF: [500] - QRP tests 14/8/07

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: [500] - QRP tests 14/8/07
From: John Pumford-Green GM4SLV <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 00:10:14 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 18:35:41 +0100
"Dave G3WCB" <[email protected]> wrote:

> LF, John, Finbar,
>
> I was ear-wigging your tests last night, and I've attached a
> screengrab from around 2245z, when the GM4SLV signal was starting to
> gain strength with me. I was catching snatches of John's
> transmission, but I really need a couple of dBs more s/n ratio for Q5
> copy.
>
> Finbar's signal went from just audible at 2015z to rock-crushing by
> 2045z - it was almost like flipping a switch, the transition was so
> rapid. Finbar's signal continued at 599 levels all evening, with just
> a couple of sharp fades.
>
> John, have you looked for the G0MRF beacon on 503.700? It's a
> sequence of 5 wpm CW, QRSS3 and PSK31, and it's running more or less
> continuously at quite low power.
>
> 73, Dave G3WCB IO91RM

Dave, LF,

Thanks for the report. Very encouraging! Perhaps autumn/winter will
bring the extra few dB needed. Or OFCOM will give us them to play with?

Tonight the conditions were very difficult - we had to abandon the QSO
due to extreme static noise after exchanging reports.

I've looked for G0MRF, but not too intently. I will try harder when the
QRN dies down a bit another night.

All the best and 73

John GM4SLV