RE: LF: 137 Again

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: 137 Again
From: Laurence KL1X <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 15:38:21 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
Laurie - thanks for the signals - theyve really helped me to hone the system here and go for that final dB or so. Appreciate the time given.

Overall European sigs were down from the past couple of nights and certainly poorer than recent times so just uncorrelated signals received from you, though I do need to look at the captures a bit more today after this first cup of coffee

 I played with a rough diversity system to see if I can steer some of the thor qrm out of the equation but the qrn is unsurprisingly fairly omni here at the moment given the local season and monsoons around me.

Now that Ive played with two rx's, two antennaes and found that my rx s/s+n signals from both are within a dB on the longhaul this is a good start. Establishing the baseline was an aim this week and Im now happy on what Im seeing.

When we can, Ill be shoving up the  multi loop amp/remote tuned unit and  compare on this against the others and tend to use DCF39 as the source and spectrumlab as the leveling tool. It may give me a couple dBs noise advantage depending on the cosine rule of the local, or not so local storms.

The loop cant stay up on the roof during the day as its more than an eye catcher, more like a thor catcher, so has to be taken down at dawn. This isnt such a pain as I have an internal alcove and with a stressed ladder as the support its just a matter of adding sections of interlocking PVC tubing to take it above the roof level.

One of the probes does keep it head above the skyline but lower that the nearby tv support mast (no tv qrm!) so hoping that Ive got a cone of protection. Not lost a FET yet on any of the travels, but coax is another matter!

Thanks and see you when you can come on again.

If anyone else wants to shove out a few Watts, clean out them spiders, any mode any time, please shove me an email.

I am looking at 500 Khz too but yet to see anything from the higher Eu ERPd stations.

73 all

Laurence 9V1 LF
Slingers at http://kl1x.com
QRV HF and LF