Re: LF: 500 - Signal on 504 KHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 500 - Signal on 504 KHz
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 18:51:21 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
The second harmonic of RTE has always been present on 504kHz here,
though normally only copyable by ear after dark. I am surprised you
didn't know this, it has been occasionally mentioned on here and is
no secret. Convenient frequency calibration mark!

The RTE transmitter is due to change to DRM sometime soon. Maybe they
are doing some changes in preparation for this. I am not sure what
the implications for us are when they do the DRM change, presumably
then we won't have the carrier but instead have harmonics of the DRM
noise which would spread right over our allocation.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com