LF: Re: Luxembourg effect

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Luxembourg effect
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 22:59:09 +0100
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=AJ+ekImL69Cm80V9/lIcEZZXRA66ryhRrcSDNE7/ydSswUSdAS5iF4LaMrZmz1Z4pdf+aNX0CaI7Rug2zL8LX20STyKqbfS5w6Jhcc1LlrONjorWHQUQb487+t+czX0Q+/YivurIjugB+BBqniFW72vgiXHVV0DE4kxZOI0mNH8= ;
Domainkey-status: bad (test mode)
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Jim, I discussed this effect (ICM) at some length with Vaino OH2LX. That
arrangement would seem to be fairly common. The "victim station " Lakihegy
is beyond the high power BC station providing the ionospheric "heating". It
would be interesting but I guess DLF is almost in line ??. I have not
checked the Geomag indexes but I always noticed the effect most during a
geomag storm. (We were due for a coronal hole event this evening, and it
looked to be "winding up for it" at lunchtime). I guess it could precipitate
excess electrons into the D-layer to be "intermodulated", but Vaino assured
me there was no connection ! Now there is a nice little research project for
someone !!

Cheers de Alan G3NYK