Re: LF: 500kHz QSO - G3DXZ / G3VTT

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 500kHz QSO - G3DXZ / G3VTT
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 16:57:11 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
On 15 Jul 2007 at 11:37, [email protected] wrote:

> Can somebody calculate for me at ME3 8TJ.

Not sure if I am going to do it for everybody....

ME3 8TJ corresponds to TQ783759 which is JO01GK
89km from me in IO91PJ, 232km from G3DXZ in IO93MH

Note that using multimap.com to do the postcode to NGR is not spot
on, you really need to find the NGR yourself from where you know your
house is. And the calculations assume the centre of the Maidenhead
squares which is another possible error. I gather you can do distance
measurements direct from Google Earth but not done it that way
myself.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com