Re: LF: 500 - Testing 503.600khz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 500 - Testing 503.600khz
From: John GM4SLV <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 21:21:59 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 20:44:57 +0100
"Gary - G4WGT" <[email protected]> wrote:

> 503.600 KHz, sending G4WGT (qrss03), 6wpm CW ID, 5 minute intervals.
>
> Reports welcome.

Hi Gary, LF

Nothing seen here, but there's a horrendous amount of lightning static
around raising the noise floor considerably.

I'm even having trouble copying Finbar GI4DPE on 503.350 now, despite
seeing him all day while he varied TX power down to 500mW.

XYL just turned TV on so lots of timebase whistles too.
IF filter & passband tuning set to cover 502.5 - 504 to keep out the
worst of it.

My grabber still active at

http://www.sighthound.demon.co.uk/pshed/gm4slv_speclab.jpg

New image every 5 minutes if you want to check for yourself. I will
probably be out of the shack for most of the evening but will keep an
eye in the grabber from the laptop in the sitting room.

John

--
G-GRP-Club 2377, QRP-ARCI 12384, SKCC 3214
Member : RSGB, ARRL