LF: Re 500: MRF

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re 500: MRF
From: [email protected]
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 19:51:29 EDT
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Harmut.

No not 2.5mW this evening.
The beacon was down for reprogramming today and I took the opportunity to add a key input.

With a friend coming over to see the 500k station I turned up the drive to the amplifier to make some CW QSOs on 502.0

I worked Mal G3KEV at 19.00  for my second QSO on 500k  received 559 report
followed by Brian  G3UNT
and then Alan G3XAQ by which time Garo G0PZA had taken over my straight key.

Power was between 50 and 70mW at different times.  I returned to 503.700 for just two cycles of the beacon.  You appear to have captured the entire sequence.  What is particually remarkable about the capture is that after the last QRSS   MRF, where the signal is coming up in QSB,  you can see two sidebands offset by 15Hz and then an area of 'energy' over 20 Hz or so.  These signals are from the PSK phase reversals followed by the PSK data. To see this PSK31 data signal at 760km when it is spread over a relatively wide bandwidth demonstrates some good condtions and presumably low noise / good RX at your end.

Thank you. - Seeing the PSK was really nice.

73

David