Re: LF: Getting QRV on 500kHz from Shetland?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Getting QRV on 500kHz from Shetland?
From: John GM4SLV <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 13:10:09 +0100 (BST)
Sender: [email protected]
On Fri, 29 Jun 2007, lawrence mayhead wrote:

> John says..............."100mW erp on 500kHz might be pushing from this
> remote location"
> Yes I agree, but it would be a challenge, so worthwhile in my opinion.
> Laurie G3AQC
> Chichester on the south coast, so could'nt be much further away !

Hello Laurie,

No, you're right!

A challenge is what it will be, this is experimental radio after all,
and I'm winding myself up to get involved. I just love the idea of
keeping 500kHz alive with hand keyed CW.

Will try to get a pre-amp built for the RX loop over the weekend. I
suppose a first test would be if I can RX any NAVTEX (is it still on
518kHz?).

Once I've managed to receive some signals from other amateurs I'll look
at applying for the NOV.

Cheers,

John GM4SLV