Re: LF: MF Still on shifp?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: MF Still on shifp?
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 00:05:23 +0100
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=ZIBgelzAETw72bubjM1y1ENBRiGqGWZpUvkIJho76UmKIJhj4nx9Y5RDRMsO69vugjn3/2PeHN5WpLSFGn5aGPVntrKREujnq0NH/8gmp8IdL3tgsQ/1u5MJlhuEOI0SHO3wb75wgsT/oM4BsniI/PGtiw4TZ2N1Pe60tzDG5M4= ;
Domainkey-status: good (test mode)
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
I guess it might depend where they are going, I believe that 500k is still
used in some S.American countries and also in some far eastern areas I was
told this was why none of the ship-board kit became available in the UK when
500k closed....it was all shipped abroad (I live close to a big container
port). I am told some fishing vessels in Europe still use MF ....I will ping
Finbar at Malin Head CG station. Often the Spanish trawlers calling him are
way beyond VHF range.  There is of course Navtex around 518 still usually
using "loaded" whips, more probably e-probes.  It would also seem that
Loran-C is still live and well and here again I believe the prefered antenna
is an "e-probe"

Cheers de Alan G3NYK