Re: LF: 136kHz Getting started..

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 136kHz Getting started..
From: [email protected]
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 16:11:24 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 18:57:45 +0100 "Rob, M0DTS" <[email protected]> writes:

> I'm not much of a designer so basically MAR-6 with 100R  from 5v
> supply
> and 47nf caps for i/o coupling, the parallel tuned input just a
> ferrite
> wound inductor (from a old TV board)  and some caps to bring into
> resonance on 136, it's not very high Q but it works to keep the
> broadcast breakthrough out!
>
> Nothing that complicated ... i like it to be simple!

Mar 6 looks like a good choice,, you made me break out my MiniCkt manual
I dont know how well it handles an input mismatch . The input circuit may
be a bit critical
but should only affect gain ,, if the NF is out of wack does it matter
HAR

you could see if a 50 ohm term ,, double term it ,, would change anything
but  on the other hand if it works who cares

FYI several years ago MiniCircuits would supply their handbook Free and
it was worth every cent
shilling,,, All I did was to ask for one

Bob K3DJC