Re: LF: [500] 502kHz test transmissions

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: [500] 502kHz test transmissions
From: [email protected]
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 17:11:50 EDT
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the comments.  Must say I have never heard of the time problem with aol.  In future if time is important I'll have to state it in the message.  Unless there is a fix?

Sorry I haven't got into web sites - seems a lot of work and I always have so many other things to do.  Perhaps in my old age!

I am not really surprised that you didn't hear me earlier as I have only ever heard 2 stations in daylight, one from Wales and another from N.Ireland.  Nor have I heard a 'proper qso' yet.  All I hear are beacon signals.

Look forward to working you one day Dave.

73 Peter
 at 21:11 GMT

In a message dated 27/06/2007 20:38:38 Greenwich Standard Time, [email protected] writes:
On 27 Jun 2007 at 15:58, [email protected] wrote:

> Hullo Dave,
>
> I am transmitting at the moment and have just returned from monitoring
> my  signal about 1 mile away.  It sounds good on my portable rx but I
> have  my doubts if it will be heard at any great distance until after
> dark.  I'll  be switching off soon but will make more tests from
> around 10.30 pm.
>
> Thanks for listening.

Not sure what 'Now' is when your posting is timed in Eastern Daylight
Time (a quirk of AOL...).

Have listened a few times tonight (in between sporadic E openings on
12m and 10m) and heard nothing from you. M0BMU is a big signal higher
up the band and I heard traces of SM6BHZ but nothing else. I put out
a couple of short CQs earlier but no replies (surprise,
surprise....).

By the way I have added a few more 500kHz pages to my website, quite
a lot of information down there now. But I need links to OTHER 500kHz
sites, if you have one please let me know and I will add it to the
'Activity' page.

http://www.davesergeant.com/mf/ - follow the links on the menu to the
TX, antenna and activity pages.

73 Dave G3YMC