LF: Field strength of Anthorn at PA0SE

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Field strength of Anthorn at PA0SE
From: Dick Rollema <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 16:17:23 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
To All from PA0SE

The location of Anthorn is given as 54°  55'  N;  3°  15' W.
A computer program, written by Harry, PA0LQ, gives as locator IO84JW

My locator is JO22GD.
Again using the PA0LQ program the distance between Anthorn and my place is found to be 598 km..

The power of Anthorn is quoted as 15 kW EMRP.

The CCIR graph for propagation over sea water, average salinity, predict a field strength at my location of 1.23 millivolt/metre. I have measured 1.38 millivolt/metre. Only a little bit higher than predicted and certainly within the accuracy by which the graph can be read.

One could object that Anthorn is not at the coast so the path in the UK is over land (I live only 15 km from the coast). But the CCIR graphs for sea water and land (conductivity 0.03 S/m; diëlectric constant 40) are identical for the frequency and distance involved.

73, Dick, PA0SE