Re: LF: Re: Three men in a boat

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Three men in a boat
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 14:25:37 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
On 2 May 2007 at 14:44, Marco Scholz wrote:

> Hello OM (G3KEV),
> i'm 100% pro for QRSS and beacon mode.
> I started to listen this year into 137 and 500KHz just with a
> Mini-Whip and a FT-857. Without stations transmitting in QRSS or
> simular modes i never had this nice expierence to receive something on
> this low frequencies. Now i know where and how to look and have more
> appetite to enhance my RX setup. Then again it's good to have this
> beacons to compare the results between my old and new setup. I totally
> agree with you the perfect situation is to have the license and system
> which allow to do a QSO with you and others in CW.

I would tend to agree with Mal. Now we have quite a few of us here in
the UK on the band it is fairly obvious that we can copy and work
each other within G land without using QRSS. The longer stations
(here GI3PDN, GI4PDE and some of the GW chaps) only appear after
night whereas I can copy most of the others any time of day. Christer
SM6BHZ is not heard until after dark but peaks 599 after. I cannot
hear you 'three men in a boat' as you are all virtually under
Christer so can only 'see' you on QRSS... - I would imagine otherwise
DL would be perfectly workable on normal CW.

Was hoping to be able to report good progress on the TX here, but
when I went to add the swr/current meter this morning I realised it
still put out 8W with the key up. Back to the drawing board! I will
not be doing QRSS here.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com