LF: 500 ERP, Power etc

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 500 ERP, Power etc
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 16:06:04 +0100
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:Message-ID:From:To:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=QnocTFltGErmfaO+Z+JUBuF2WsIULoGca2jPVnZOpO5bzPcENRdUXioqYOUreCilMw/kcM79VwYgFweAFCXqgfMVRY0Y/4O4QX4PRgqeUycsGX5VZDnE0EARG4ZeqLmS44qLXUtYcSFFscLP+u626xC5EvO2S/DaWH68KJbxHIA= ;
Domainkey-status: bad (test mode)
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi all, I am a little surprised by the general view that the specification
of ERP in the LF and MF bands is for our benefit !! The RA and now Ofcom are
worried about interference, and so field strength generated. Field strength
is easy to measure from their point of view and has simple relationship to
ERP. Allowing a fixed max input power would also surely disadvantage
stations like Dave G3YMC (mind you knowing Dave this would just be a
challenge !!)

Stick with it and if we dont fry all the HDTV sets and zombify all the
little darlings who shout rude words at us when they can't have their ball /
lager-can (delete as applicable) back we might be rewarded with a bigger
allowance.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK