Re: LF: Re: 500kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: 500kHz
From: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 12:00:53 EDT
Sender: [email protected]
Another approach - as I have a number of crystals at the low end of 3.5 MHz and TTL devices in the junk box I built a 7400 oscillator feeding a 7490 decade counter wired to divide by 7.  Although the mark/space ratio of the 7490 output is far from ideal I was surprised at how easy it was to get a clean looking 500kHz sine wave with a very simple filter.
Peter, G3JFS