LF: RE: Filter expert needed - Mystery of the lost real zero.

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RE: Filter expert needed - Mystery of the lost real zero.
From: "Mike Underhill" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 14:53:04 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Andy

A correction: I should have said ‘in series with’ and not ‘across’.  So that my post should read:

“For a second zero on the HF side try an inductor ‘in series with’ the ‘zero’ capacitor.  The trouble is that it will have to have the same reactance as this 1.5p capacitor and that may not be easily realisable in practice.  The inductor could also go between resonators 1 and 3 or 3 and 5 I think.  If the inductor value is too high you can use a small ‘link’ coil on each of the resonators to be inductively coupled and connect these by a pair of twisted wires.  Getting the coupling right can be fiddly. You can get another LF zero rather than the wanted HF zero, I think, if you get the phasing wrong.”  .

I hope this helps but as I said it is some time since I taught this stuff!  Good luck.

Mike – G3LHZ

Checked by AVG Free Edition.