LF: volts/meter?

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: volts/meter?
From: "Laurence KL1X" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 04:08:10 -0800
Bcc:
Sender: [email protected]

Does anyone have a prog that can "back track" field strength in say u/V into 50 ohms for ground wave inputting ground conductivity, freq etc with distance?

Im trying to work out at 137Khz the following - on a quiet day light path, say noise at -110dbm or better into 50ohms, summer time conditions, Im receiving (did receive) wd2xdw in southern texas (Utopia W of San Antonio) at circa 500 miles at >-108 dBm - Actually I could read just the CW ID at this distance -

Can we track back from the received level with any certainly +- say 3dB the associated ERP of the transmitting station at that distance given the received signal strength from a say uncalibrated receive antennae knowing just that at F Khz its likely the receive quiet day noise level is unlikely to be above N -dBm - and the rx sensitivity will always be better than that?

I know there are tons of variability, and many dBs of variables involved in the path losses associated with the ground conductivity..

I notice using the USA conductivity map that XDW did a lot better than I expected in the directions associated with improved ground condiuctivity - no real suprises there but it was many dBs higher than I would have thought.

Singapore -

The good news here is that it looks like we have secured a top floor "penthouse" apartment- 4 floors up with space for external antennae and permission from the owner to run the radio station. Open to most directions :-))

CHeers

Laurence 9V1 Singapore

MSN is giving away a trip to Vegas to see Elton John.� Enter to win today. http://msnconcertcontest.com?icid-nceltontagline