LF: Re: 500 kHz - First QSO with G3KEV

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: 500 kHz - First QSO with G3KEV
From: "DEREK ATTER" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 22:01:55 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Mal,
 Thanks for our CW QSO this morning - my first on the new band.

Completed the TX the night before but at the moment I am restricted to using a very poor temporary long wire antenna which is 130ft long but is only 6ft above the ground at the feed point at the house end and gradually slopes up through the trees to the support on the 45ft mast at the far end of the garden - hence the weak signal.! I was running 8W into the antenna. My 60ft crank-up mast at the house end is temporarily out of action due to a problem with the steel luffing wire and is currently lying horizonta pending replacing the winch and stranded steel wirel! I should be able to put out a better signal when I can get the mast back in operation and use the top loaded 50ft vertical wire again.

73,  de  Derek Atter G3GRO  IO91VC

----- Original Message ----- From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>