LF: 500 acty

To: "rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 500 acty
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 11:41:40 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi all
I worked GI4DPE/Finbar last nite this is the longest inter UK qso and his
first QSO so it was nice to hear him on the band on cw.
His signal was 559 but severe qsb and he faded out a couple of times with
me. I have observed in the past that qrp stations on 160 and 80 metres
suffer the same effect whereas the higher pwr stns are fine usually.There is
probably a critical pwr level which overcomes the fade.
I look forward to working any new stns that will eventually appear and I
hope some EU stn and Russia become active, this would give us the
opportunity to try some DX contacts. Things look good so far considering the
qrp permitted, especially during darkness hours.
73 de Mal/G3KEV