LF: (500) Proposals for 500kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: (500) Proposals for 500kHz
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 16:57:04 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
I have just had a look at Dave G3YXM's site and pondering trying some
experiments on 500kHz, so rejoined this group for guidance.

Just put my untuned 110ft longwire into my Datong UC1 upconverter
feeding my K2 and heard G3AQC working G3KEV. Sounds hopeful! So I am
contemplating retuning my Butternut HF2V which I have been using on
160m for the allocation. Probably pretty inefficient (and it
certainly was when I tried that on 136kHz) but maybe usable. I would
need to sort something out for the transmit side as the K2 cannot be
directly used and the idea of a seperate transmitter as I do on 5MHz
appeals. My old 136 transverter could also be used but I am reluctant
to mod that as I may have the urge to go down there again sometime
(though local QRM has kept me away for a while).

I have downloaded the NOV application form and note the guidance
notes on the spectrum forum site. What is the experience with the NOV
application process and what choice words should be put on it? As a
(former) 136 operator and with a current 5MHz NOV I don't expect any
real problems, and I can continue my quest to operate on impossible
bands in impossible QTHs and show it can be done...

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com