LF: VY1JA beacon 24/7.

To: "LF \(RSGB\)" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: VY1JA beacon 24/7.
From: "J. Allen" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 05:12:54 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Bob, ZL QSO group, and onlookers.  :o)

Not much cance of reception from ZL, but the beacon is on anyway. The station is running less than 1/2 W ERP, so if any distant stations see traces from here it is a miracle, much less a station 12227 km away! The best chance for a ZL QSO is with any of the others who might be on.

Please confirm the final sked for this weekend's work, even though it is a VERY long shot that you will have any reception from here with such low power.

Recovery from the illness is slower than expected and I do not feel the amp will be functional before this weekend. No smoke yet, but no RF yet either. It looks like it should be working, but something is wrong and I have not been able to isolate it. With only a hand full of parts this is embarassing. The amp has been set aside until I feel well.

VY1JA ~137778.1, 13778.25 DFCW120, letter "J", preceeded by VY1JA at 12 WPM CW on the dit frequency, repeating at ~13 minute intervals. It is back beaconing 24/7 until the sked this weekend.

Reports and captures continue to be appreciated.

J.