LF: Has the ionosphere died

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Has the ionosphere died
From: Talbot Andrew <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 12:02:36 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
A bit off topic for the LF reflector, but...

I've just checked on the 5MHz beacon monitoring in the lab here, and there
is nothing from any of them.   The two closest  to me (GB3RAL and GB3WES)
showed a few peaks during the night, and the furthest GB3ORK was reasonable
this morning.  But any trace of that has disappeared into the noise as well
now.

Has the ionosphere died - can it be repaired - where is am. Radio going - do
we all go to sat comms - how about EME ?

:-)

Andy  G4JNT

"This e-mail is intended for the recipient only.  If you are not the
intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print,
or rely upon this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error has
misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail."

"Recipients should note that all e-mail traffic on MOD systems is
subject to monitoring and auditing."