LF: Re: Re: Has the ionosphere died

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Has the ionosphere died
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 00:49:32 -0000
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=CJTUYsOL1b2mlwYlzTyvinw5rDlp3jCa+9tmkIns+nFR29K/q7lRMi0Rmn2bI3BPLx/sybgG76IkCcEgeYruD62klu1+j6lp6oWStvrYeQJEDgG4nfCB78oTqwt/SIDVoBILlY8TZQY+p3Nf7YZb+jcOCzV3jj9780pxXMD11sQ= ;
Domainkey-status: bad (test mode)
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Ah that is daytime enhanced-skywave one hop. It would have been best
strength around 1200z. Its a bit like the flare ionisation...... the extra
electrons in the D-layer kill the night-time signal but can give 10 db more
in the daytime skywave. Berlin must be about 700km from Dave and that is
about the right distance to start seeing this effect. Interesting...this
effect usually takes a day or so to build up so daytiem signals over shorter
paths (up to 2000km) should be better still tomorrow. I call it the
"consolation prize" !

Cheers de Alan G3NYK