LF: RE: Re: Ansoft Designer

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: Re: Ansoft Designer
From: Talbot Andrew <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 08:12:42 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Tnx - Steve & Dave
Yes, found it there.  But I still much prefer a separate .PDF  file to print out and read at leisure instead of being forced to look at the screen all the time and click on millions of hyperlinks.   Paper is a wonderful medium for reading things from, and easier to study sitting in a comfortable armchair  with feet up on a table.

Dave - I have one of the uWave projects book but haven't looked at it for some time  - know I've seen a write up of Serenade somewhere,  must have been there.  Will  look tonite.

I have version 2.2.  The instalation is called Ansoft Designer SV, but I did the web search for Serenade so they're all one-and-the-same by the look of it.  A 100Meg download; after registering its all straightforward.   The only condition to using the free software is that "Ansoft don't supply free software to help their rivals"

Also I'm a bit irritated by the fact it needs Win 2000 or later.   My main desktop at home still uses Win98, so will only be able to install it on a small laptop there.

Looks like  Analyser-Pro from Number-One systems (which runs under DOS) and PUFF (also DOS) still have some life left in them for me yet.   Both dead easy to use and give the right answers even if the display is low res.

Andy  G4JNT

>There is an example in the RSGB Microwave Projects book chapter 5
>This was with Ansoft Seranade - I'm not sure what version you have.
>
>73 David G6GXK

Hi Andy

I've been using Version 1.0 and the manual is in the Help Tab under Contents and that takes you through how to use it - I managed, and I also looked at the examples to see what they were doing. If you don't have this version, then maybe I could email it to you.

regards

Steve, g4vbd