Re: LF: what's this ?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: what's this ?
From: Wolf DL4YHF <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 09:30:22 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stephan,

If you really need the AGC, it's an extra function in the "test circuit". Open SL's "circuit window", and turn on one of the DSP blackboxes (the small boxes labelled with a question mark). Right-click into it to open its configuration menu, and configure the AGC for your needs. Of course the spectrogram must be tapped AFTER the dsp blackbox then. If you like, I can send you a "QRSS"-configuration with the AGC enabled.
(I avoid AGC wherever possible, because if it's on wanted signals just
seem to fade out in the presence of stronger signals or a rising noise
level. But that's personal taste.)
A purely "visual" AGC like in ARGO doesn't exist yet, but as mentuined
above the signal can be pre-processed in many ways before entering the
spectrum analyser.

Best regards, and a happy christmas time everyone.

73,  Wolf DL4YHF / DK4U  JO42FD .

Stephan Hans schrieb:
Hi @ all,

what's this @ 136320.0 Hz from 16:20 to 17:00 UTC: http://dl3fch.st-hans.de/capt236.jpg
Just random noise artefacts, what do you think ?

vy 73 de Stephan / DL3FCH

ps. I'm actually messing around with spectrumlab, but I can't figure out, how to activate some kind of agc (to get automatic contrast/brightness). Maybe somebody can give me a hint... ?