Re: LF: more information...Temporary solution

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: more information...Temporary solution
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 21:50:13 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi J.,

I have done some tests (each taking one night) and found out that the problem does not occur here when the fast CW-speed is set to 6 WPM (instead of 12 WPM). This could make sense as for 6 WPM "fast CW" the same timer si used as for QRS while at higher WPM speeds a separate (more accurate but also more CPU-time consuming) timer is used.
Did you ever encounter the prblem when the fast CW speed was set to 6 WPM?

73, Rik  ON7YD

Quoting "J. Allen" <[email protected]>:

Rik,

I found yesterday that if I turn on the synchronize for 30 minutes AND
am using dot / dash ratio of 1:3, it forces the system to continue
running.  I think it is most logical that the dot / dash ratio has
nothing to do with the problem, which means that by using
synchronizing, the beacon ran all night.

There must be a software counter in the program which gets reset every
time the sync happens on the hour and half hour.

At least now you know what to tell people who want to beacon
continuously.... use synchronizing every half hour and if that does not
prove to be the answer by itself, tell them to use 1:3 ratio as well.

I will do more experimenting on this to find out if I can move back to
1:2 ratio, with SYNC on and see if it clears the problem up.. I will
also try different sync times to see if they affect the problem.

J.