RE: LF: DK8ND OK2BVG, from DK 8 ND

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: DK8ND OK2BVG, from DK 8 ND
From: "Victor van Kooten" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 13:19:40 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Hans,

problems receiving lf are normally due to high local QRM levels and
overloading of the receiver and/or active antenna's.I don't know if you are
using the preselector for the EKD300,normally this kind of receiver does not
have very much of filtering at the input,at least not below 1.6 MHz.Local
MW/LW broadcast stations can be a big problem.When locale QRM is a problem
you can try an active antenna on a noise free spot.It's all tryal and
error...
Beware of broadband rx antenna's when their are broadcast stations nearby..
The rx I am using is a hongarian REV-251M with a broadband active whip 50 cm
long.The only inputfilter in this setup is a rejection filter at 675 KHz
between antenna and receiver to prevent overloading of the
receiver.Unfiltered Arrow classic rock at 675 KHz gives an output of
400mV!TX antenna is 9 m vertical with 20m topload.

Hope to work you soon Hans

73,Victor
PA3FNY