LF: VY1JA completes WAVE7

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: VY1JA completes WAVE7
From: Scott Tilley <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 05:19:43 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
VY1JA just completed with VE7TIL to complete the most coveted award yet on 2200m 'Worked All VE7'

After months of struggling with high urban noise and lately wind storms blowing over my loading coil... We completed at QRSS30 during the early evening hours. Condx at first were poor with much QSB at my end but later the condx improved to solid audible copy at both ends as we completed. Looking at J's beacon signal now we would have been able to complete at QRSS3 or CW had we decided to try in the early hours of this morning. But after months of trying at higher speeds only to have fade outs or my neighbour's light dimmer(s) come on to wreck things we decided to take the slow but sure path while my antenna was still upright and his new amp functional.

VY1JA VE7TIL E
VE7TIL VY1JA RO E
RO RO E
TU E
73 E

The path from TIL to JA is about 1500Km.

73 Scott