LF: RE: Re: Poldhu Beacon

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: Re: Poldhu Beacon
From: Talbot Andrew <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 08:19:14 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
1960.000kHz +/- 1Hz.

It transmits on the hour and every 15 minutes using the same format as the
5MHz beacons, ie callsign up to );)7 seconds, 6dB rducing power steps to
0:16s, power steps again to 0:25 s then full power plain carrier from 0:25
to :30s
The only difference between this and the 5MHz beacons is that the sounder
sequence from the 0:30 seconds point up to the one minute interval has been
replaced by a PSK31 message occupying 0:30 seconds through to 0:48 then 12
seconds more of plain carrier.

For automatic logging, you can use the GB3RAL software, download the file
5MHZBCNS.ZIP from
 http://www.rsgb-spectrumforum.org.uk/5mhz%20beacon%20monitoring.htm

For auto-logging using this S/W , treat GB3SSS as if it were GB3RAL, the red
plot, and ignore the other two lines.

Andy  G4JNT