Re: LF: miniwhip not so miniresults...!

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: miniwhip not so miniresults...!
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 09:39:05 +0100
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=Received:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MIMEOLE; b=n9n73dUbJX6FFEs6SZMzkedHHTUsjjRtWXo8gze+BCkc4dDEUMattzuCL1nFJEPvG+H+lyTQpTNngQ00wWonhzGg5zYNwKJ5TJGtJEySu7d88jS3ap7Q/IBHjIOzupZe4DDgkqPZ55q8eCBfSUfKfo5wFy0F6yZJj/C+CO3UpyA= ;
Domainkey-status: good (test mode)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Scott yes that is the sort of result I would have expected and may
explain some of the variation in reported results. The near field of the
vertical could be 300-500 yards in diameter, and certainly the coupling at
less than 100 feet is quite significant from the tests we did with a
different configuration.

As Roelof suggests I dont think there is an IMD effect due to the increased
signal level at the miniwhip but it does take the RX nearer to its problem
area.  This does not detract from the miniwhip performance because the S / N
is probably much the same and if the antenna received noise is above the rx
noise then you are in much the same position, albeit will a lower S-meter
reading.

The only reason I can think of why the intermod increased with the wire
disconnected (and a lower signal level !!) would seem to be maybe connected
to the AGC on the 897 ?? It is certainly an odd result.

Thanks for that test.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK