Re: LF: WT Handbook on EBay

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: WT Handbook on EBay
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 15:00:05 +0100
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=Received:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=ToDxGvHJ1DaPx72mN6Ebh8bINJAUgBAj7aesPymmb9kQT70RdJ4YGIYJ5FLSSHyLJp0ZciFnVMJP2GpWQCSCunzYfwfmhEtOgKIa2Skz2Jqp9MQQadd4PRAuG4DAg4W6iBMka+0CabaNR6uv8if2eGK7i2YhRrIt/1NAkH4cL6o= ;
Domainkey-status: good (test mode)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Warren as far as I am aware the last major editorial update was 1938, the
1940/42 "editions" are effectively just reprints to deal with the WWII
intake of WOs, and technicians.
A lot of this is very dated now but the theory doesnt change. The book is
very practical in all areas. I guess when alone in the middle of the ocean,
with people trying to do you all kinds of mischief, the important thing is
keeping the electronics working somehow.

These books have turned out to be fairly common in this area, a sea port.
Mine has the delightful addition of a scrap of envelope with date stamp and
scribbled train times. ...obviously leave runs. It looked like it was used
as a page marker maybe whilst travelling home, or back to his berth.

N.B. THIS handbook was not edited by Mike D.  :-))

Cheers de Alan G3NYK