Re: LF: the use of long radials

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: the use of long radials
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 14:01:58 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
I used a very long radial (300m) in a field outside my home, but it
had little effect and did not improve on my few earth stakes.

On portable expeditions to GW, I have used radial wires with some
success, especially where the soil was poor.

I suggest you use two or three earth stakes (perhaps 1m long) close
to the bottom of the vertical section, then one or two wires under
the top section.

I agree with Alan that the biggest problem most expeditions have is
with receiving.

Will you have e-mail available on site? This can be useful for sked
and activity news.

Mike, G3XDV