LF: first QRSS/DFCW QSO's

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: first QRSS/DFCW QSO's
From: "Dick" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 22:49:21 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello all,

I am happy!!!

I just made my first QRSS/DFCW QSO's by accident.

I just wanted to check receiving software, at the time running 'spectrum laboratory v2.1 b2".

I connected the T-antenna to the loading coil etc, and tuned up with low power, just to get best reception.
Well, I suddenly heard a carrier, and on my screen I recognized the first dashes and dots:

C   Q    P   A    3    C      P    M

Well I thought that's nice.
I decided to beacon a bit, just for fun, and to test my just finished DFCW unit.
Transmitted my call 2 times, and switched to reception.

Guess what............ I saw my callsign coming back! somebody calling me!!!!!!!
A total surprise, turned out to be PA3CPM calling me.
We exchanged "O/O" and locators......

After the QSO someone else called me, but couldn't get it clear on my screen.
I searched for my Timewave DSP59+, and after some trial and error I got it running, meanwhile the calling
station was gone.
I TX-ed ?? and, then I saw Jim, M0BMU returning.
That QSO was also made, but I had a lot of trouble in reading him.
I think it would have been easier in normal CW!

For some reason I was not able to get the right settings in spec lab.
Resolution is difficult, the tone went down in noise, it looked like.
Anyway, my ear was better then the computer.....

Maybe some tips about advised settings?

I tried to load Argo, but couldn't find driver on my pc.

73

Dick, PA4VHF-JO32eh