Re: LF: VY1JA Beacon

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: VY1JA Beacon
From: Scott Tilley <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 22:14:19 -0700
Sender: [email protected]
J.

Those IRF640 won't handle 200W. The slightest discontinuity and they'll go...

Scott

J. Allen wrote:
Laurence, and Friends,

VY1JA beacon is on ~137778.4 QRSS60 ~100 W tonight.

Steve is very likely correct, and I do not expect that you will even get a peep from here, but I appreciate that you are thinking about this beacon.

The power level should go up to somewhat over 200 Watts by Wednesday evening, but that is likely still 3dB below 1W ierp. As soon as that amp gets going, the antenna current meter's number works it way to the top of the pile. The meter will be needed to calculate the size of the final amp.

Continued thanks to everyone who has been sending summer captures and/or beacon signal reports.

J.