Re: LF: Re: RE: Re: Alarming message

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: RE: Re: Alarming message
From: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 19:46:34 EDT
Sender: [email protected]
Hi all,

As my final input into this debate it seems sad that these people feel the need to do this type of research and experiment at all.

If the end purpose is to develop a technology to deal with, for instance, an EMP event by say North Korea or anyone else then surely the dollars and effort might be far better spent in prevention rather than cure.

I rather feel that in the real world inhabited by real people as opposed to the strange world inhabited by politicians and their paymasters there are genuine possibilities for us all to co-exist without trying to zap each other out of existence.

We radio amateurs are, I have always believed, a rather good example of how it can work and this recent endeavour to carry out research into LF propogation, sharing the results and cooperating across borders is a demonstration of how well the model could be made to work across an even wider range of interests.

I guess it comes down to this;

 In the race of life it is always worth putting your money on the horse named "Self Interest" because he will always be in there tryng hard.

Now, I believe that saying is attributed to an antipodean prime minister which rather begs a question bearing in mind the source of these reports.

73 de pat g4gvw es gd dx