Re: LF: Loading Coil Q

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Loading Coil Q
From: brian hodgson <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 14:07:07 +0100 (BST)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Gary -

I think its all been said by the others but Lloyd Butler's site

gives some circuits. I would think that a scope with a X10 probe would be a suitable voltmeter - as Peter says, it doesn't have to be calibrated, just display the ratio.

Good luck - Brian G3YKB
Gary - G4WGT <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks to all for additional comments on the previous thread 'LF Loading
Coils'.

Continuing on the theme of loading coils, is there a simple method of
calculating the 'Q' of an LF loading coil without using a 'Q' meter (a
device I have not got access to). I would like to carry out my own
tests/experiments on my antenna system, it can only add to my knowledge
base.

73

Gary - G4WGT.

Inbox full of spam? Get leading spam protection and 1GB storage with All New Yahoo! Mail.