LF: Re: On air

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: On air
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 16:39:41 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Great News, Laurence that means that the supply harmonics are not too bad. I
presume you can only go up to 24kHz with that soundcard. The problem is that
round here most of the TVs and SMPSs are on around 34-36 kHz. The Delta 44
is quite usefull for looking for those, although I believe there are cheaper
96ks/sec options now.

I was hoping to have some ideas about modifying the Softrock-v6  for 136 by
now, but other problems got in the way. My ideas

A cheapie 1024kHz rock use the  /8 jumper, should give a good coverage of
the band centered on 124kHz USB. It might need slightly bigger caps in the
colpits osc. The mixer toroid needs changing for a higher permibility core
(but it may well work as it is but sub optimum), the input filter is best
left out and replaced with an outboard BPF....maybe one of Dave's filtered
preamps. Then you need to run another soundcard to do the QRSS.....until
Alberto has had time to graft it into WinRad !! At what Tony charges for
these (is it $17 and PayPal, or another �10 constructed, 4 day delivery and
no VAT to pay) this would have to the cheapest LF RX around.

There should be no trouble with the "roach pole" just stick a red
handkerchief on it  :-))

Cheers de Alan G3NYK