LF: Rope answers

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Rope answers
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 13:27:57 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Many thanks to all those who replied to my enquiry about rope for
hauling up antenna masts.

The general view seemed to be that polyester was better than
polypropylene or nylon.

Whilst at my local DiY store looking for something else, I noticed
some polyester rope that was also green and therefore suitable for
use in trees. I bought £40-worth - it wasn't cheap. The first thing I
noticed was that it did not tangle as easily as polyprop.
Unfortunately, when I put it to use I found it was too springy to do
the job - my efforts went to counteracting the spring and not raising
the antenna mast.

I am back to using my blue polyprop. This seems to have most of the
required qualities, except for the colour and the fact that it will
have to be renewed every few years.

Mike, G3XDV