LF: Re: Rope?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Rope?
From: "Martin Evans." <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 17:50:36 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Any advice from those more knowledgable / experienced than me?

Mike, G3XDV

Mike - get to know a BT engineer and obtain some 6mm diameter "BT Drawrope".

This is blue, but the smoulder test indicates that it's definitely not polypropylene, and it doesn't smell much like nylon either, though it might be.

I had a child's tyre swing in the garden for eight years, supended with this, and apart from some colour loss there was no significant degradation after all the abuse that it suffered.

Martin
GW3UCJ
Swansea.