LF: DI2BO on the air (440 kHz)

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: DI2BO on the air (440 kHz)
From: "Holger 'Geri', DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 11:27:54 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello LF-group,

as Walter already told in his e-mail the German authorities have permitted a second experimental station to conduct propagation studies on medium wave. The station with the callsign DI2BO operates under the same technical conditions as DI2AG (440 kHz plus/minus 100 Hz, 9 W ERP). The QTH of this station is in Peine near Hannover in Northern Germany (JO52BH) with me, DK8KW being responsible.

I will coordinate the test transmissions with Walter so that both beacons can be operated at the same time. To fine tune and tweak the station currently DI2BO is operating exactly on 440 kHz in plain CW.

The station consists of a ship radio transmitter DEBEG 7121 with around 100 Watt output which puts about 2.3 Ampere into my 18 m high umbrella antenna with 5 top load radials. Theoretical this results in an ERP of around 5 Watt.

Reception reports are welcome! Please send those to [email protected] or via DK8KW.

Best 73

Geri, DK8KW / DI2BO