LF: Re: ARGO or SPECTRAN?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: ARGO or SPECTRAN?
From: "J. B. Weazle McCreath" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 22:08:08 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
----- Original Message -----
From: "Warren K2ORS/WD2XGJ" <[email protected]>
To: "rsgb lf reflector" <[email protected]>
Cc: "LWCA LF Reflector" <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 2:59 PM
Subject: LF: ARGO or SPECTRAN?

> Hello the list,
>
> I have been using Spectran for my QRSS receiving, mostly out of habit.

<SNIP>

> Am I missing something by using Spectran instead of Argo?
>
> 73 Warren K2ORS/WD2XGJ
> FN42hi
> http://www.w4dex.com/wd2xgj.htm

Hi Warren,

Since all I can do so far is receive, I thought I'd throw my 2 cents worth
in on this.  I use both Argo and Spectrum Lab for my QRSS listening,
and I like both of them.  Argo shines in its simplicity to configure and in
the ease of use, once you've loaded a few favourite settings into it.  Not
having a lot of fancy bells and whistles means it's pretty hard to mess up
anything.  Spectrum Lab does have one ability that I really like in that I
can change the range of frequency that I want to watch without having
an effect on the mode.  For instance I can set an upper and lower pair
of frequencies to establish a range while watching QRSS30, then make
a change to that range on the fly without other effects.  I find that one
feature quite handy.  As one of the others on the list mentioned, it all
boils down to which one you're comfortable with and how it does
what you want of it.

73, J.B., VE3EAR - VE3WZL
Solar and wind powered
EN93dr