LF: Re: source for large 3C90 toroids wanted........

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: source for large 3C90 toroids wanted........
From: "g3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 16:04:16 -0000
Sender: [email protected]

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dick" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 11:19 AM
Subject: LF: source for large 3C90 toroids wanted........

Hello .......

I am looking for a source to buy 3C90 (or 3C85) toroids, 58mm diameter.
Up til now I can only find 'Spoerle' , but I have to buy at least 36 of
them............

Is there any other compagny that have these large cores available in lower
quantities??
Preferable in Germany or the Netherlands.

Maybe there is a alternative by using Epcos cores? Material N87?? or N30??
Anyone??

73

Dick , PA4VHF

(I know about using TV-cores etc, but just wonder if there is a way to get
these nice ringcores)

Dick The beauty of TV cores they are usually free of charge. I have substitued these cores instead of 3C85 and cannot tell any difference in efficiency. The tv cores need to be clean and smooth when joined and held very tight together to work properly.
The two halves neeed to be clamped together not just held together with a pice of string!!!