Re: LF: Re: XES Dual WOLF again tonight

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: XES Dual WOLF again tonight
From: John Andrews <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 02:10:24 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
J.B, Lloyd, Bill,

Thanks for the reports. With the strong signals, it's a little tough to make conclusions, but...

J.B. - The WOLF10 results look pretty normal, but the frequency is jumping around on the WOLF5 results. I'm guessing that your 8000 Hz sampling rate is off. With the strong signals, you'll get copy, but it won't build up properly.

Lloyd - Agreed that WOLF5 seems to be the best in that sequence. Again, with the strong sigs, this amounts to hair-splitting, doesn't it?

Bill - The two signals were not started at the same time, and you're right that your decoder may frame up more quickly on the "wrong" signal. I don't see a big difference in your decodes. Maybe I should try a QRP session?

John A.