LF: Answers to antenna question

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Answers to antenna question
From: "J. B. Weazle McCreath" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 17:24:29 -0000
Cc: <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Alan, Jay, Warren, et all,

Thanks for your replies to my question concerning a "T" antenna.
As you had suggested, I plan to use Dacron rope between the
end insulators and the towers.  The insulators are commercial
ones that I "liberated" from a ship's HF antenna, so they should
be fine for my application.  I do intend to transmit at some time
in the future, but for now the antenna will be used for receiving.

The top loading will be three wires, one from each of the towers,
converging at a common point midway between them, which by
luck is also over a naturally wet area of my property.  There will
be a total length of 190 feet of horizontal top loading, the ends
being slightly higher than the central common point.

I plan on using a multiple rod grounding system at the feed point,
along with tieing into the # 8 bonding ground wires interconnecting
the three towers.  Those bonding wires also connect to the mains
grounds at both my house and the shop, about 100 feet apart, so
I'm confident that I've got a pretty good ground system.

73, J.B., VE3EAR - VE3WZL
Solar and wind powered
EN93dr