LF: Re: Mini Whip and local noise

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Mini Whip and local noise
From: Alberto di Bene <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 00:53:30 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 23:55:01 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Z-usanet-msgid: XID831kBFX2d0491X31
....hmmmm, I couldn't wait until tomorrow, so I installed the antenna
on the roof at the end of the afternoon, then ran in the shack to listen
to it (or with it...)

At LF it performs very well, Rugby at 60kHz is S9+10dB on the R75,
with no preamp inserted, and the Alfa stations at 12kHz are clearly
audible on the JRC NRD-525, with strong traces on Spectran.

A friend will build it and the Amrad one, then he will place them on the same roof
of a eight stories building, and compare them.  Will keep you posted.

73  Alberto  I2PHD

JPEG image