Re: LF: Can't see the wood for the trees

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Can't see the wood for the trees
From: Warren K2ORS/WD2XGJ <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 16:03:54 +0000
Cc: "Andy" <[email protected]>
Delivery-date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 16:04:41 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Andy,

    Keep in mind that if you have tabular data then Microsoft Excel (as well as
other programs) can do a fourier analysis.

--
73 Warren K2ORS/WD2XGJ
FN42hi

From: "Andy" <[email protected]>
Yes - that's the obvious bit I was missing - go back to first principles and
do the actual Fourier transform on the waveform.

There ought to be a short cut, though, knowing the integral is finite and
contains total power in the signal.   I had assumed the Dirichlet integral
converged, but didn't know the result, so maybe that is the way to go.

Tnx
Andy  G4JNT
www.scrbg.org/g4jnt/