Re: LF: SAQ Rx

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: SAQ Rx
From: [email protected]
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 06:03:32 EST
Delivery-date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 11:05:16 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
In a message dated 19/02/2006 10:50:46 GMT Standard Time, [email protected] writes:

I tuned the G3LNP loop to 17.2KHz to receive & compared it with the
Mini-Whip & could barely hear SAQ on the Mini-Whip due to local noise, I was
able to rotate the loop for best results, pleased I went to the trouble of
tuning the loop.
25 miles north of London, with a mini whip mounted inside the apex of a single story cottage's slate roof -- about 5 metres agl, signals were just about readable on an Icom R70 and WR313i.
Local noise was the biggest problem here too.
My LF loops are packed pending relocation so didn't have anything else available to compare it with.
I'm now praying it doesn't rain before the 1300 schedule as about to elevate the whip through a loft window and see if that does any better:-)

regards

Nigel
G8PZR