Re: LF: GPS-controlled VHF beacon (GB3VHF)

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: GPS-controlled VHF beacon (GB3VHF)
From: Wolf DL4YHF <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 21:54:05 +0000
Delivery-date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 21:54:29 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi David,

[email protected] schrieb:

Yes a nice off air reference. Andy has done a great job. I discovered today my VHF RX is 97Hz off frequency...Ooops.

Well, you did a great job too.. as you are involved in the beacon too, a short question: We were a bit puzzled about the main "beam" directions of GB3VHF in the article. The article says the antenna was not exchanged, but were the main beam headings always 288 and 348 degrees as mentioned on the G0AFH site ? This would virtually put us on the 'back side' of the beam, but copy was usually good here in JO42FD.

Cheers,
 Wolf DL4YHF .