LF: Re: RX9BS, TA

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: RX9BS, TA
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 11:48:20 -0000
Delivery-date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 11:50:56 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Dear LF Group,

I monitored frequencies around 137.774kHz last night, but unfortunately did
not see anything identifiable as a signal from RX9BS. NA was visible all
night from 2100 to 0900, although quite weak in heavy QRN.

I had a CW QSO with F6BWO (Loc JN28NC) this morning; he reports "O" copy of
VO1NA on mornings of 12th and 14th of January, and of WD2XES on 10th, on
both occasions using Argo on QRSS30 settings. Jeff does not have internet
access, so is "working somewhat blind" as he put it.

While working Jeff, a carrier appeared on about 136.5kHz, and remained
intermittently for about half an hour around 1100utc. It had odd jumps in
frequency (see attachment), and seemed to be a deliberate signal, but did
not respond to calls. Any ideas?

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU

JPEG image